Pages

Tuesday 17 May 2022

KTM Lucky Country touring bike restoration - 06 - Final

Finally, I'm proud to be able to share the actual status of the restored KTM Lucky Country that I bought for 20€.

More comments inside...

The bike is a kind of Frankenstein with parts from other bikes, but it rides quite well, as I haven't changed the geometry at all (apart of the rear wheel misaligned with the center plane of the frame).

So I finished the bike with an old aluminium MTB handlebar from my old Conor ATX, some grips and a 25mm adjustable extent that altogether ended up giving me a more upright position as usually recommended by world travelers, as well as a frame protection for the chain done with some piece of black leather and some cable binders. The saddle is also a basic MTB one coming from the Conor ATX, but it has a very resistant pseudo-leather fabric covering that it makes it good and resistant to intensive bad treatment. 










No comments:

Post a Comment