Pages

Friday 15 August 2014

¡¡Cuidado con el phising telefónico!!

Be careful with the telephonic phising!! 
Achtung mit dem Phishing am Telefon!



Hoy, 15 de Agosto (fiesta en muchos países de Europa) me llama una persona de la India que dice ser del servicio técnico de Microsoft, y me pregunta si tengo una PC on Windows 7 en casa.
Today, Aug 15th (holiday in several european countries), one guy from India calls me saying that he's a technician from Microsoft and ask me if I have a Windows 7 PC at home.

Luego de decirle que si, me informa de que están recibiendo muchos mensajes de error desde mi PC informandoles de que tiene muchos programas de malware, virus y demás porquerías.
After saying yes, he tells me that they are receiving several error messages sent from my PC to their servers, informing about viruses, malware and a lot of different garbage.


Como ya me imaginaba por dónde venían los tiros, lo dejé hablar y le seguí el hilo. Así pues, me pide que encienda mi PC y luego de indicarme un par de pasos (lanza el command window CMD, lanzar el Event Viewer) me pide que le diga cuantos errores muestra el Event Viewer, a lo cual le digo que 10000, a lo cual exclama que es una barbaridad, que si entiendo lo que eso significa y bla bla bla...
As I was already understanding the situation, y let him speak and followed the game. Next step, this guy ask me to turn on the PC and then he starts to send me some indications (like run the command windows CMD, run the Windows Event Viewer) and he ask me to tell him how many errors is the Event Viewer showing, to which I say 10000 and then he exclaims (trying to freak me out) that 10000 is a lot and he ask me if I understand what does it means, and bla bla bla...

En una de esas él deja de escucharme y escucho que empieza a insultar porque se le había caído la llamada... corto y a los segundos me vuelve a llamar y me pide que sigamos con el procedimiento.
Then, by whatever reason that I don't know, he stops hearing and I hear him insulting because he lost the call... I hang and in some seconds he calls me againg and ask me to follow with the procedure.

Entonces me indica que me va a indicar cómo conectar mi PC a su server, a lo cuál le indico que en este momento no tengo conexión de internet, y se asombra y me dice que cómo que no tengo y que cuándo voy a volver a tener. Le dije que no sabía, pero que de ninguna manera iba a conectar mi PC a su server, a lo cuál me dice que si no lo hago no podré "limpiar" mi PC de tantos fallos. Le pido que me envíe el procedimiento por mail, a lo cuál me dice que no, que no se puede hacer sin conexión, y entonces le digo que ni loco voy a permitirle conectarse a mi PC, a lo cual me contesta con un "moron" y me corta.
Then he informs me that he'll show me how to connect my PC to his server so they can run a "cleaning software", and I tell him that in that moment I had no internet connection. Surprised, he says how is that possible, and he ask me when I'll have a connection again, to what I say that I don't know, and that I was not going to let him connect to my PC. Then he says that if I understand the problem and if they can't connect then he won't be able to clean my PC, to what I ask him to send me an email with the cleaning information but he says that it's not possible, that he needs to be connected... Bored of the situation, I tell him that I'll never let him connect to my PC, that I have no idea who he is or if he's really a Microsoft guy, to what he answers with a "moron" and hangs me.

Si ese era un empleado de Microsoft, yo soy Gardel. Así que ya saben, si alguien los llama pidiendo hacer cosas con su PC, mandenlos a freir churros :)
If that was a Microsoft worker, then I'm Gardel. So, now you know, if somebody calls you asking you to do things with your PC, send this person to hell in a very polite way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment