Pages

Tuesday 4 August 2015

Proceso de armado de mi bici MTB partiendo de una Conor ATX 2010

Montage details of my Mountainbike starting from a spanish Conor ATX 2010


I had these old pictures in my hard drive from the transformation of my Conor ATX 2010 with 21" frame that was too big, into a 19" Thompson frame totally upgraded (only few components remaining from the Conor).


The original bike: a 26" Conor AFX 8500 with Suntour XCT fork, Shimano M486 hidraulic brakes and Shimano Alivio group.


















I wanted a fork with blocker, then I went for the Suntour Raidon, but this never convinced me because it was too hard compared to the XCT










Because the frame was too big (XL -21") I've decided to change it for a 19" frame. Then I bought in 2011 this 19" Thompson Curve from Belgium.














As said, the Suntour Raidon was too hard, so I bought a Rock Shock Tora (springs) with blocker, and this one was much better and worth every euro of the difference in the price.





As the frame was having a different tube diameter for the seat, I bought this FST FR 270 in white to combine with the new Thompson frame.





New steering bearings and FCA spacer







The new horse was taking form (forget about the hammer and the other tools in the table, let's imagine that I never used them for the bike).








And then almost fully assembled, but still not in the actual configuration.
















New mixed Pedals, new Deore front group...







And the almost-all-new-bike fully assembled.


  

As you can see the picture is quite old, 2011, but the bike is still riding with the only change of the tires for some Continental more appropiate to the asphalt (but can tolerate some excursions) I'm not doing so much gravel normally.

No comments:

Post a Comment